Lost your password?
Would you like to join and register to EU-Cardio?
Søren Erik Pischke
Oslo University Hospital and University of Oslo
Early career investigator (ECI):
Short biography of member:
Post Doc/Researcher at the Complement Research Group and senior consultant at Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine. Currently focussing on innate immunity mechanisms in ischemia/reperfusion injury and the ability to attenuate the reperfusion injury both in vitro (endothelial cell full blood model) and in vivo (porcine animal studies) using novel therapeutics developed in the group and with collaborators (complement inhibitors and CD14 inhibitor).
1. Orrem HL, Nilsson PH, Pischke SE, Grindheim G, Garred P, Seljeflot I, Husebye T, Aukrust P, Yndestad A, Andersen GØ, Barratt-Due A, Mollnes TE. Acute heart failure following myocardial infarction: complement activation correlates with the severity of heart failure in patients developing cardiogenic shock. ESC Heart Fail (2018); doi: 10.1002/ehf2.12266. [Epub ahead of print]
2. Pischke SE, Gustavsen A, Orrem HL, Egge KH, Courivaud F, Fontenelle H, Despont A, Bongoni AK, Rieben R, Tønnessen TI, Nunn MA, Scott H, Skulstad H, Barratt-Due A, Mollnes TE. Complement factor 5 blockade reduces porcine myocardial infarction size and improves immediate cardiac function. Bas Res in Cardiol (2017);112(3):20
3. Hellerud BC, Orrem HL, Dybwik K, Pischke SE, Baratt-Due A, Castellheim A, Fure H, Bergseth G, Christiansen D, Nunn MA, Espevik T, Lau C, Brandtzæg P, Nielsen EW, Mollnes TE. Combined inhibition of C5 and CD14 efficiently attenuated the inflammatory response in a porcine model of meningococcal sepsis. J Intensive Care (2017); 27(5):21
4. Gustavsen A, Nymo S, Landsem A, Christiansen D, Ryan L, Husebye H, Lau C, Pischke SE, Lambris JD, Espevik T, Mollnes TE. Combined Inhibition of Complement and CD14 Attenuates Bacteria-Induced Inflammation in Human Whole Blood More Efficiently Than Antagonizing the Toll-like Receptor 4-MD2 Complex. J Infect Dis (2016); 214(1):140-50
5. Fretland AA, Sokolov A, Postriganova N, Kazaryan AM, Pischke SE, Nilsson PH, Rognes IN, Bjornbeth BA, Fagerland MW, Mollnes TE, Edwin B. Inflammatory Response After Laparoscopic Versus Open Resection of Colorectal Liver Metastases: Data From the Oslo-CoMet Trial. Medicine (Baltimore) (2015); 94(42):e1786
6. Khan F, Pharo A, Lindstand JK, Mollnes TE, Tønnessen TI, Pischke SE. Effect of perfusion fluids on recovery of inflammatory mediators in microdialysis. Scand J Immunol (2015); 82(5):467-75
7. Barratt-Due A, Pischke SE, Nilsson PH, Espevik T, Mollnes TE. Dual inhibition of complement and Toll-like receptors as a novel approach to treat inflammatory diseases-C3 or C5 emerge together with CD14 as promising targets. J Leukoc Biol (2017); 101(1):193
... more publications: please refer to the personal website